Pretty much...

Sunday, September 9, 2012

What a difference two years makes!

The fabulously talented Cathy from Cabbage Quilts asked me today if I had a blog and my response was "no".  But then I remembered that I did have a blog lurking out there in cyber land and maybe now would be a good time to resurrect it.

I last posted just over 2 years ago. Just days before the first of some 11,000 earthquakes and aftershocks changed my world and that of many, many of my fellow Cantabrians forever. I no longer live in Christchurch. In fact, I no longer live in New Zealand. I no longer work at the managerial level and I no longer work in the correctional field. Life was very hard in a number of ways, first physically, then emotionally. And one day in February this year I'd had enough. Enough of the uncertainty, the grimness, the anxiety, the adrenaline spiking aftershocks. And I came up with the crazy idea that we should move to Australia and get on with life. And on 1 July we hopped the big ditch and made Melbourne our home. I haven't felt this good in two years.

What do I love about Melbourne?

  • the overwhelmingly friendly and welcoming inhabitants
  • the awesome public transport (we haven't had a car for two months and barely miss it)
  • the intactness of it all, lol.
  • the fab shopping
  • Amitie Textiles, my new spiritual home of crafty goodness
  • my fantastic new job at The Royal Children's Hospital
  • t2, best tea ever
  • the very fun Crafternoon Cafe run by the awesome Teegan
  • Ikea
and many, many more reasons - most of them to do with how much less stressed and anxious I feel and how much easier it is to be genuinely happy here.  I am making things and getting inspired. A good time to resurrect the blog indeed.

1 comments:

deshacrafts said...

Congratulations on your big move and your new state of mind! I look forward to many new postings from you.

Post a Comment