I last posted just over 2 years ago. Just days before the first of some 11,000 earthquakes and aftershocks changed my world and that of many, many of my fellow Cantabrians forever. I no longer live in Christchurch. In fact, I no longer live in New Zealand. I no longer work at the managerial level and I no longer work in the correctional field. Life was very hard in a number of ways, first physically, then emotionally. And one day in February this year I'd had enough. Enough of the uncertainty, the grimness, the anxiety, the adrenaline spiking aftershocks. And I came up with the crazy idea that we should move to Australia and get on with life. And on 1 July we hopped the big ditch and made Melbourne our home. I haven't felt this good in two years.
What do I love about Melbourne?
- the overwhelmingly friendly and welcoming inhabitants
- the awesome public transport (we haven't had a car for two months and barely miss it)
- the intactness of it all, lol.
- the fab shopping
- Amitie Textiles, my new spiritual home of crafty goodness
- my fantastic new job at The Royal Children's Hospital
- t2, best tea ever
- the very fun Crafternoon Cafe run by the awesome Teegan
and many, many more reasons - most of them to do with how much less stressed and anxious I feel and how much easier it is to be genuinely happy here. I am making things and getting inspired. A good time to resurrect the blog indeed.