Pretty much...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Zippy love...

I started making zippy pouches last year and I love them. Probably comes from my abiding passion for stationery and pens (and needing things to stash them in). I especially love sewing them out of linen/cotton mixes and oil cloth. I recently bought a teflon foot for my sewing machine and it makes sewing things like oil cloth and clear plastic a breeze.

This weekend I thought I'd have a go at press studs and make a zippy from the fabulous tutorial available over at noodleheads - even I managed to follow this through correctly first try (and my legendary lack of mental spatial visualisation skill applies not just to my sense of direction but to my ability to follow patterns!). Here is my first little tabbed zippy, but i doubt it will be my last - these guys are just too dang cute to stop at one!


It's been a fab crafty weekend here at chez Pretty Much - I also got started on sanding and repainting (a gorgeous soft grey/blue) the oak dresser I won on Trade Me, cut a bunch more blocks for a Bento Box quilt I have been making for ever, and while my lovely husband finished painting a couple of bedroom doors I finished sewing together my Pillow Talk {Swap 2} cushion cover (called a pillow by our friends in the north). I attempted an invisible zipper but that lack of spatial visualisation ability bit me in my ample arse and I decided to recover my sense of self-efficacy by finishing it off with an envelope back (which looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself). Now I just hope my partner likes it!

6 comments:

Andi said...

Some very gorgeous stitching!!!
Andi :-)

needlefood said...

Love these, you craft demon!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

I love the orange and teal. Orange seams to be catching my eye in a big way at the moment.

acardaday said...

I keep having to come back and peek at this cushion, I love it so much!
Nova
x

Sophie said...

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog, I love it! Keep up the amazing work!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

Lurline said...

Love your blog!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Post a Comment