Pretty much...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

On a roll

Finally got this Queen sized quilt back from the long-armer (who did a fab job) and I have been frantically stitching down the binding so I can get it on our bed. It is getting mighty chilly here now and another layer will not go amiss.

Quilt is made from Moda's Chez Moi 'Fresh Aire' range; 2 x charm packs and 1 x jelly roll, with a coordinating stripe (from another Moda range) for inner border and binding.
Totally fast and easy - just take one charm square and sew strips around it from a contrasting fabric from the jelly roll. Repeat until you have enough for quilt top!

17 comments:

ily said...

Ohh so perty! Glad the quilting turned out nicely! Makes the wait more worthwhile then!

Andi said...

Hi. Just found your blog and want to add it to my blog roll BUT I organise them according to location. (You can have a look in case you think I'm just creepy for asking)
What city are you in?
Andi :-)

Allison said...

Cute Cute Cute! I love that fabric! It looks nice and warm. THanks for stopping by! -Allison

Leslie said...

wow those are amazing colors, what a great pattern.

Sue said...

I love the colour combo in this, beautiful work.

peaknits said...

I loved your comment at my blog "my southern hemisphere twin" - no kidding!!! Are you joining the ORBC QAL? Oh, you should! This quilt is positively gorgeous - I may have to emanate it - I love the colors and fabric!

L Johnson said...

Such a comfortable looking quilt one I would love to curl up with!!!

susan said...

i love your quilt, the colors are so fab and thanks for the suggestion on how to do it

Rachel D. said...

Just love it !

Sarah said...

oh, diggin' the new look!

One Flew Over said...

A fantastic quilt! I love the colour combos x

Sam said...

Wow that's a gorgeous quilt!
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I used just the one skein (and did not hold it double - just a single strand). It's a great quick knit!

Lia said...

that is so very beautiful

Bia, from Brazil said...

Beautiful! I`m so sorry we don`t have such lovely colors and patterns here in Brazil! Love the way you think color and home decorating in Australia!

Chakatoria said...

Great work! Love the texture. We look forward to seeing and reading more from you.

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

Donna~~ said...

What a lovely quilt--your colors/fabrics are simply wonderful!

Piecefully Pam said...

Wow! Such deep rich colors!!! This is positively lovely. : )

Post a Comment